Become a Lively Helper
Gain a rewarding role providing friendly support to older people in your local community.
We believe that all young people have something to offer, and that everyone deserves the chance of a first job without previous experience. That's why we create work opportunities for young people who don't have much experience, or who are struggling to find a job, to work with and support older people in the community.
What you’ll do as a Lively Helper:
Visit and spend time with older people, helping them learn how to use technology to connect with people, access information and pursue their interests.
Provide support for older people who need a hand around the house or in the garden, getting out and about, or pursuing interests and hobbies.
Build meaningful friendships and learn from the amazing lives and experiences of older people in your community!
I think that it was a real confidence booster for me because it was a really good environment to be in - the people that we were working with really appreciated our work and enjoyed working with us
It's been an amazing experience - it's so heart-warming and wonderful forming REAL friendships with older people!
Who we look for
We look for young people who are:
- Between 18-25 years of age and currently looking for work
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Interested in learning about older people’s lives and experiences
- Patient, understanding and able to communicate effectively with older people
- Well-presented, polite and respectful
- Reliable, punctual and able to work independently
- Willing to provide a range of supports to meet the individual needs and goals of older people.