Become a Lively Helper
Gain a rewarding role providing friendly technology help to older people in your local community.
We believe that all young people have something to offer, and that everyone deserves the chance of a first job without previous experience. That's why we create work opportunities for young people who don't have much experience, or who are struggling to find a job, to work with and support older people in the community.
What you’ll do as a Lively helper:
Visit and spend time with older people, helping them learn how to use technology to connect with people, access information and pursue their interests.
Help older people learn the basics of new devices like iPads, smartphones and laptops
Build meaningful friendships and learn from the amazing lives and experiences of older people in your community!
I think that it was a real confidence booster for me because it was a really good environment to be in - the people that we were working with really appreciated our work and enjoyed working with us
It's been an amazing experience - it's so heart-warming and wonderful forming REAL friendships with older people!
Who we look for
We look for young people who are:
- Between 18-25 years of age and currently looking for work
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Confident users of smartphones, iPads or laptops, who are interested in sharing their technology skills with older people who are keen to learn
- Interested in learning about older poeple’s lives and experiences
- Patient, understanding and able to commnicate effectively with older people
- Well-presented, polite and respectful
- Reliable, punctual and able to work independently